Archives

Wednesday, November 12, 2014

High Five #2

Welcome back!! 

I wanted to go over my next 5 life wins, I'm really excited about this series. I know you're thinking that there is a lot going on withasunnyside right now between high school myths, life wins, and Friday faves. If you have any suggestions on what you wanna see next, please let me know. I'm open to all ideas! 

6. You are your biggest critic

I think this is such a valid argument. You have to realize that when it comes to things like school or sports you are gonna critique yourself more than anyone else ever will. Especially for your self image, girls!! You are the only one that cares what you walk out of the house in the morning with. Wear what you want for you, no one else judges it as much as you do! 



7. In order to succeed, you have to be willing to work hard.

You've heard this and it is engraved in your brain, I'm sure of it. For repeated emphasis I am here to tell you that if you want to succeed you have to be willing to put in the work. Think, why do you go to sports practices? Because you want to win. Why do you study for a test? Because you want a good grade. Continue to work hard and you'll continue to be successful in different aspects of life. 




8. A mani/pedi can fix all problems.


I don't think I can say it better than Coco Chanel. Treat yourself, girls. A mani/pedi can temporarily solve every problem you have, and if it doesn't you can at least have good nails while dealing with the problems .



9. Go to bed early the night before a big test.


I feel like this is the easiest one to explain this week. As hard as it is to finish up studying early in the day and go to bed early, lots of sleep the night before a test is so important. I'm not just saying this because I want you to go to bed early, there is actual testing on students who perform better with 8 or more hours of sleep! 

10. Don't settle for someone who makes you feel trapped.


The most obvious examples  I can think of this are friends and boys. Any situation where you feel trapped or forced is one that you don't want to be in. You should surround yourself with friends who celebrate you right now, not trap you in the past. 


No comments:

Post a Comment