Archives

Wednesday, September 3, 2014

5 Tips for Packing

Hey, welcome back!!

I appreciate everyone coming back and continuing to read my blog. It truly blows me away that there are people who ask when I'm going to blog and what about, your support overwhelms me!

I like to travel, a lot. Whether it's to the mountains for the weekend or the beach for a week. In a family with 4 girls it would be easy to say that packing is a drawn out process, but with the tips below I hope that your packing process gets quicker every time.

My 5 Packing Tips:

1. Watch the weather for your destination at least a week in advance. This seems so silly, but you don't want to arrive in your location and have packed for the complete wrong weather!

2. Put together complete outfits so that you don't forget anything. Lay everything out with its matching top or bottom and shoes. It stinks if you get somewhere and had a perfect outfit in mind and forgot one part of it.

3. Always take some kind of pullover, sweatshirt, sweater, etc. You never know if it might get cold at night! (Thanks mom for always being right about this one!)

4. If you're traveling by plane, make sure you don't overpack your luggage. It would be easier to bring as a carry on so that you don't risk loosing your luggage. If you are flying, make sure you take travel size toiletries!

5. For me, I always encourage packing an extra T-shirt. I'm a T-shirt lover and can never have too many. You might spill something or decide that 2 nights in the same shirt is too many!

6. (PS my mom wanted me to include this one…) Always pack an extra complete outfit, you never know if you will end up staying an extra day!

Remember to be practical about what you're packing, don't just randomly add extra things that you know you won't wear, especially jewelry!

I hope these tips help you to pack for your next adventure. Wherever you may go, I hope you've packed all the right things!

I'm off to Sharptop Cove this weekend for a church retreat, be on the lookout for a weekend recap full of pictures with my rockin' small group! I wanted to include some from VR (the retreat) last year!


Let me know where your next adventure will take you and how you're planning on packing! 

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment