Archives

Monday, September 8, 2014

Being Pumped about Jesus

Welcome back y'all! 

I can't wait to share my weekend with y'all, but before I do I want to give you a warning that this whole post is about Vertical Reality and insideout. If you've never be to Insideout or a North Point event, I would encourage you to, you will be absolutely blown away. 

I'm looking forward to writing a post about Friday night lights with outfit ideas, tailgate essentials, and game photos. I decided that would be too much in the same post, so lookout for that either this week or the next!

VR rocks, I love being in the mountains with my friends. I have the most rockin small group and small group leaders. 


During retreats we have free time, if any of you have ever been to Sharptop Cove in the Georgia mountains, then you would know that the mountain there is HUGE. Some of our small group hiked the mountain. Let me tell you something, I thought I was going to die on the way up. As you can tell, the view was well worth it when we got up there. Kenna said that in this case the destination is better than the journey, as opposed to caring less about the destination and more about the journey.

             Photo creds: Alexandra


I've included pictures so that you can get an idea of what it's like to be at one of these retreats. It is truley awesome!

The worship team is incredible. It's so encouraging to know you're surrounded by leaders who aren't just pumped about Jesus, but also living out a lifestyle that brands Jesus. 

The theme for the weekend is BrandYou. They talked about how you need to brand Jesus. On Saturday night, the message was the one that was most realistic for me. The pastor said, the gospel is too good for me to keep to myself. On Sunday they gave us a plan of how to follow through with what we learned. The reason for this is that we typically get this thing called a retreat high or at least that is what we call it in our small group. After retreats there is always the energy and the high of being pumped about Jesus. They say that in order for us to keep the high alive we have to share the good news with friends. In order to make a difference, we need to think of one person who needs to hear the good news and pray for them, invest in them, and invite them to Insideout. During all of this, it is important for the prayer to be for God to make us brave because inviting someone or sharing your faith with someone can be really hard, it could be awkward, theres a list so long that are reasons we shouldn't share our faith, but the thing working for us is that the world's best news doesn't need to be kept a secret. What you tell someone about your faith could be the thing that changes their life. 

This weekend recap is really just a reflection of what happened this weekend and how cool it is to be surrounded by people who are just as excited about Jesus as you are. 

If you've never been to North Point or Insideout, my hope is that you go. Insideout takes place on Sunday nights at 4:30. If you wanna have some fun, worship with an awesome team, and hear a great message, we'd love to have you! 

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment