Archives

Monday, September 29, 2014

Memories in the Mountains

Hey y'all,

I'm a water person. I've always been someone who spends her summers and breaks either on the lake or at the beach. In the past month, I've spent 2 weekends in the mountains and I'm absolutely in love. Is it possible to be a beach and mountain person at the same time? I don't want the snow and freezing weather of the mountains, but the morning chill and falling leaves is the good stuff.

This weekend I stayed with some of my favorite friends in Hiawassee, GA for a set of my BFF's birthday weekend!
It seems like it would be a long drive there, but its rather quick. Warning: driving up the mountain is a  doozy, be prepared for serious queasiness 









The days were filled with love and excitement for my gals, Caroline and Kara, as we celebrated the start of their 15th year. The night and start of early morning filled with laughter as the boys smashed us with shaving cream and the moms and I dominated 2.5 hours of CatchPhrase. 

The pictures speak for themselves from a beauty aspect. The scenery was absolutely gorgeous, I can't wait to make the drive again sometime soon to check out the changing leaves. Talk about good pictures. 

The rest of the pictures are from the nights events. We found the railroad tracks and the Coca Cola sign on the way into the restaurant. If you're ever in Blue Ridge, I would encourage you to check out The Whistle Stop. We had dinner here on Saturday night, not only did we celebrate birthdays, but also got to watch the rest of Saturday football. Such a cool place for the photos, the girls absolutely loved it. We ended up not even sticking around at the drive-in, but the stop for pictures and to check it out was enough for me. I will definitely be going back! 

My hope is that you all get a chance to escape the city and the craziness that comes with that and breath in some fresh air, it feels real good to escape just for a weekend and relax.

 I hope you all have a fabulous week! 

xo 

No comments:

Post a Comment