Archives

Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Tiger Pride

Hey all you tiger fans… 

Nothing makes me more angry then people who have absolutely no school spirit. I'd like to think that I have school spirit. Being on student government has a lot to do with the fact that I go to games on Friday night and get pumped about things like homecoming week.


School spirit really starts during football season.. I don't really understand why you wouldn't go to a game on Friday night where ALL OF YOUR FRIENDS are. It's so lame to sit at home all of football season and never go to a game. I love all types of football in the fall and wouldn't miss an opportunity to cheer on the Tigers. I know this is something that the players appreciate, the fans showing up! Regardless of the football team at our school, win or loose, you have chosen to be a Tiger fan because of the school you go to, you owe it to the boys who bust their butts out there to be there and cheer them on regardless of the outcome. I realize sometimes you have other commitments and just want to stay home, but at some point you have to remember that Netflix will be there every Friday night and eventually Friday Night Football won't be.

 
From a student government perspective, it's awesome to have people show up at your events, but over the years I've also learned that there will be some things that aren't hits among the student body. I've also learned that if you never try then you'll never know. Nothing is more rewarding after the events than people telling us the event was awesome but if you're truly unsatisfied at the dance or 5th quarter keep your mouth shut.  If you can't give constructive criticism than you should be smart about what you say because at some point it's rude. You should show up at things like homecoming, it's fun time with your friends. Unlike some other schools, Homecoming is a big deal at King's Ridge, it's a lot of handwork to put on a homecoming like we do. You're missing out on years you can never get back. 


On the homecoming trend… Also, dress up for homecoming week! If there is one regret I have from the past two years, it's not going all out for homecoming week. It's something I wish KR kids actually did. Wearing jeans and a shirt (BOYS) is so uncool. I don't get why you wouldn't dress up… if you think it's weird and no one else does it, EVERYONE ELSE DOES. Don't you feel lame when you walk in and everyone is dressed up and you aren't?? 

Above all, it just irritates me when people talk crap about things like homecoming or stuff like that, but don't even show up to see what it's like. I can promise you that if you come in with an open mind, wanting to have fun than you will.

I know exactly what you're thinking because I would be thinking it to, that you don' t even care that these things upset me. But, if there is one thing I think most people wish they could tell their high school self, it would be to LOVE high school. The four years you spend having fun at homecomings and games and making friends are years you can never replace or redo. In order to love high school, you have to help yourself. I want you to love high school like I do, get involved and go to events with an open mind of having fun. I promise if you show up and expect to have a great time than you will… 

No comments:

Post a Comment