Archives

Wednesday, November 19, 2014

High Five

Happy Wednesday!!

You can survive, there is only 2 days left until thanksgiving!

My High Five #11-15:

11. Surround yourself with friends who are interested in you.

I talked about this in a blog at some point, but I can never stop talking about. I've said it before and I'll say it again, quality over quantity. They say this when talking about clothes and other materialistic things, but it directly relates to your friends. Choose friends who stay involved and interested in your life regardless of how their or your circumstances change. Everyone wants a friend or friends who stick around, show up to cheer them on, and ask about life. My strongest friendships are with friends who ask a lot of questions. Lots of questions, trust me!


12. Challenge yourself.

I talked about this in my high school myths yesterday. Challenging yourself in different aspects of life is so important. If you never challenge your self with new goals. If you want to be successful than you have to set goals even higher than ones you've already accomplished.

13. Say that you're wrong- it's hard trust me.

This might be the hardest thing ever for me at least. Admitting that I'm wrong is almost impossible. I like to be right about everything and I will fight for it even if it is wrong. Since this is the hardest thing for me, I want you to know that admitting you're wrong shows people character. Swallow your pride and admit you're wrong (practice what I preach, I know!)

14. Saying sorry still means something, don't jokingly toss it around.

The perfect win to follow #13, saying sorry is something that in today's time is just tossed around. When you say you're sorry, you have to mean it.

15. A smile can go a long way.

You consistently hear people tell you this, but let me tell you that we all have bad day (something you all know). I can't tell you how many bad days I've had where someone has walked by me in the hall and smiled at me. A smile goes a long way, always smile because you never know what other people are going through and how much a smile might help. Don't fake happiness, smile when you mean it.PS. Your smile is your best feature, do it more often!

No comments:

Post a Comment