Archives

Monday, December 22, 2014

Christmas Traditions!

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays!! 

Sitting down to write this post is quite the challenge considering I've been thinking about Christmas traditions for probably a week. I've known that I wanted to post on this, but what to say has been hard to figure out.

The things that my family and I do around Christmas don't seem like something extraordinary, but they are things that we do year after year.

1. At the start of the month, we go as a family to Scottsdale Farms to pick out the tree. As we walk in, we decide that we'll all aimlessly wander for a while as we look for the tree that we really love. This is the part they normally lose me at. I would prefer to sit by the fire and stay warm until they find the finalists. 


2. I guess 1 and 2 go together, but we also decorate the tree together. The girls and I work on the real tree in the family room and Dad does the fake tree in the formal living room. This year we decided to do popcorn strings on the tree, I did way more popcorn eating than actual popcorn stringing. It does look really cool needless to say. 

3. As we get closer to Christmas, we spend the holidays at our house. On Christmas Eve we go to church with the whole fam and then everyone heads back to our house and has dinner. On Christmas Day, everyone will be back here for presents. I love Christmas Day really just because everyone is here together. My family rocks and I'm so thankful to spend the holidays with them! 

4. Oh and one last thing! We visit Santa at Phipps Plaza every year. I've been going since 1998! This year was my seventeenth visit, not even for the picture but the video!!! 


Merry Christmas! 

No comments:

Post a Comment