Archives

Monday, February 2, 2015

Rainy daze

Please excuse the following post as it might contain parts that make absolutely no sense, then again I did write this at 11:54......

I have a weird obsession with the rain. I'm not sure what it is about the way the rain falls but I love it. I'm writing this at almost midnight on February the first 2015. 32 days into the year. (Obviously you figured that out if you can do simple math)

I love the rain. I like how in one moment it comes down fast and hits the ground hard and in another moment it slows up and you can barely hear it hit your window. I told someone tonight I wanted a sky light, not because it would be completely awesome, but because laying in bed and watching the rain fall and hit the window would simply amaze me. I like falling asleep to the rain. I like the relaxing feeling I get when I crawl in bed in my pjs and just listen to the rain. I like the laziness I feel on rainy days and the excitement I feel when I know it's raining hard enough I can wear my hunter rain boots. I like the excitement I get as I hop into the puddles like I'm 6. I like the way the pavement steams in the summer after a good rain. I get super excited when I whip out my adorable red and black polka dot umbrella, rock red and black in all circumstances (spoken from a true fan). 

I think the rain represents life in some fashion. How some moments are heavy. How sometimes you feel like you can't catch a break because it's all coming down so fast. Rain represents peace. Sometimes it represents the slowing in my life. Like tonight, it rained for hours as I laid in bed binge watching one tree hill as I laughed at a conversation that never had a low point. As I try to describe to you the peace that comes over me when I listen to the rain, I'm at a loss of words. The best thing I can think of is Psalms 46:10, "be still and know that I am God" the stillness is an exact representation of my attitude in the rain. I think the Lord gives us rain in the time we need it most. Today was one of those days. A new day in a brand new month (one I happen to love). The rain brings freshness to my soul.

With all this being said, I encourage you the next time it rains to go for a drive. Drive a little ways and just stop. Stop going and be still and calm and just watch the rain fall. You'll feel overwhelmed with the peace, or at least I hope you do. 

Xo







No comments:

Post a Comment